Saturday, September 19, 2015

Query Letters

Last week I started sending out query letters to literary agents. For almost two years I've been working on developing a seven-book Upmarket NA (New Adult) Contemporary/Dystopian series. I have finished manuscripts for the first two and am currently working on the third book. I'm currently calling the first two books "Our Heroine" and "Our Outcast."

In case you're interested to hear what my novels are about, here is the short synopsis I've been including in my query letters -

-

Silvia Parrish – dream-recorder, Romanophile, and recent college graduate paralyzed at a precipice – is secretly writing the fates of three twenty-somethings living in a dystopian future.

“The Enterprise knows each of us by name, knows the entire personal history of our families and finances. It keeps a complete record of every daily confirmation – the date, the time, the location, the confirmer’s vital signs, and the medications dispensed – because the Enterprise cares.”

OUR HEROINE follows two parallel narratives. In the “real world,” Silvia has moved back to her parents’ house in suburban Ohio, where she takes on a job as a babysitter for a nine-year-old neighbor boy and learns that her old high-school crush is engaged to marry her best friend. In her fictional Enterprise story, Carbry Chrism, a young police officer, must find his missing girlfriend, a nameless heroine who desires to remove her wrist implant and explore the Outside.

-

If I happen to hear anything back from my queries, I'll make sure to update here. I've never sent out query letters before, so I really have no idea how long it'll take and what might come of it, but here's hoping I find some publishing success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment