Monday, May 23, 2016

Michigan Orchid Show (Post 1)

A few weekends ago, I went to the Michigan Orchid Show in Madison Heights with my mom and grandmother. It is a free annual event that is open to the public and put on by the Michigan Orchid Society; when I saw an article about it in the newspaper, I knew I had to go and see the thousands of orchid plants (camera in tow) to collect source photos for future artworks. My grandma loves orchids; so naturally, I invited her and my mom along.

Unsurprisingly, I took hundreds of photos. Over the course of the next few days, I will post my favorite pictures here. It's amazing the variety of different looking flowers that all count as "orchids"!

I plan to use these as inspiration for future artworks - paintings, colored pencil drawings, etc.



















No comments:

Post a Comment