Saturday, March 11, 2017

"28 Years" - Year #20

For general information about this 22"x30" colored pencil drawing, see this blog post.
For more information about the flower symbolism I used (Years 15-28) and life events that led me to select those particular flowers, see this blog post.

--

I chose red tulip and white jasmine to symbolize my 20th year.
  • Red Tulip: symbol of true love and declarations of true love
  • White Jasmine: symbol of sweet love, beauty, sensuality, purity, good luck, love, and respect
First, I drew outlines of the plants on black paper:




These are the two botanical drawings I used as reference while I drew (I do not own these images; I found them on Google):





Once I had my outline down, I lightly shaded in the flowers and erased the graphite outline.






Then I started adding more detail and more color. I started with the white jasmine flowers, then the white jasmine leaves and stems.






I finished off with the bright red tulips. The light highlights on the tulip petals give them that telltale tulip "shiny" texture.






Here is the drawing so far. There will be one more "mini drawing" in this row, and then there is only one more row to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment