Wednesday, March 22, 2017

"28 Years" - Year #24


For general information about this 22"x30" colored pencil drawing, see this blog post.
For more information about the flower symbolism I used (Years 15-28) and life events that led me to select those particular flowers, see this blog post.

--

I chose pansy and daffodil flowers to symbolize my 24th year.
  • Pansy: symbol of thoughts (especially lover's thoughts), remembrance, and consideration
  • Daffodil (Jonquil): symbol of rebirth, new beginnings, uncertainty, returned affection, springtime, creativity, inspiration, renewal, vitality, awareness, inner reflection, memory, and forgiveness
First, I drew outlines of the plants on black paper:




These are the two botanical illustrations I used as reference while I worked (I do not own these images; I found them on Google):





Once I had the outlines drawn, I started lightly coloring the flowers in.







Then I erased the graphite lines and used more colored pencils to add detail and brighter, more saturated colors. I started with the pansy flowers, then did the pansy stems and leaves.







Then I finished up with the daffodil petals, and its stems and leaves.





Here is the finished "mini drawing" for Year #24.






And here is the whole drawing so far. Only four more to go until the entire thing is complete!




No comments:

Post a Comment