Saturday, April 1, 2017

"28 Years" - Year #27

For general information about this 22"x30" colored pencil drawing, see this blog post.
For more information about the flower symbolism I used (Years 15-28) and life events that led me to select those particular flowers, see this blog post.

--

My 27th year is symbolized by goldenrod and sage.
  • Sage: symbol of wisdom, immortality, and a long life
  • Goldenrod: symbol of encouragement, money, and precaution
First, I drew outlines of the plants on black paper:





I used two botanical illustrations as reference while I drew (I do not own these images; I found them on Google):





I sketched the goldenrod and sage in lightly first, to plan where they would go and which colors I would use.





Then I colored them in with more shades, adding detail and dimension.








There wasn't a lot of detail in the flowers for those two plants, so they were pretty quick drawings. Only one more "mini drawing" to go - the final section, representing my 28th year.

Here is the entire drawing so far:



No comments:

Post a Comment