Thursday, July 6, 2017

More New Great Lakes Watercolors

I painted eight "Great Lakes" watercolors recently, four of which I shared photos of in yesterday's post. Today, I'll show the last four - including the metallic and rainbow color schemes I'd been planning.

All eight of these original paintings are for sale in my Etsy shop.

Here are the photos of the process, where I used masking tape to keep the watercolor paper flat on the table while I painted.

These four are titled "Pink & Orange," "Green, Pink & Yellow," "Metallic Copper & Red," and "Rainbow."







-

"The Great Lakes in Pink, Green & Yellow" is for sale on Etsy here.

I love how these three bright colors together are reminiscent of tie-dye.







-

"The Great Lakes in Pink & Orange" is for sale on Etsy here.

I used analogous colors pink, orange and yellow for this watercolor painting.






-

"The Great Lakes in Metallic Copper & Red" is for sale on Etsy here.

I used Daniel Smith iridescent watercolors in Aztec Gold and Red for this painting. There is a lot of metallic shine, giving it a slightly different color in different lighting/at different angles.










-

"The Great Lakes Rainbow" is for sale on Etsy here.

I used pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple pigments for this painting, making a spectrum from the west tip of Superior through to the east end of Lake Ontario.








-

These paintings are also available as notecard art prints, which you can find in my Etsy store here. I will post pictures of these notecards in tomorrow's post.


No comments:

Post a Comment