Wednesday, July 5, 2017

New Great Lakes Watercolors

I recently made several more 8x10" size Great Lakes themed watercolors, to replenish my original stock and also to expand the color selection. I'd been wanting to try a metallic painting, using my iridescent Daniel Smith watercolors, and I'd also been planning for some time to do a rainbow color scheme. These are pretty quick little paintings, since they're all just one layer, so while I was doing those I also did several others at the same time.

First, I traced the outline of the Great Lakes onto each paper, using the same outline I did for the previous Great Lakes paintings I've completed. Then, I used masking tape to stick four pieces of watercolor paper flat to the table. One by one, I went through and painted the Great Lakes.

Once those four were done, I pulled up the masking tape and flattened the paintings under a stack of heavy books for a few days. In the meantime, I repeated the process, taping four more pieces of watercolor paper to the table and completing four more watercolor paintings.

All eight of these new paintings are now up for sale in my Etsy shop.

This blog post will go through the process photos and details of the finished paintings for the first four. Tomorrow I will post the other four I finished.

Here are the first four, which I named "Blue-Violet II," "Pink and Green," "Green II," and "Yellow and Blue." (I'd previously painted a "Blue-Violet" and "Green" version back in 2015, so I had to start adding numbers!)








-

"The Great Lakes in Blue-Violet II" is for sale on Etsy here.






-

"The Great Lakes in Green II" is for sale on Etsy here.







-

"The Great Lakes in Yellow & Blue" is for sale on Etsy here.







-

"The Great Lakes in Pink & Green" is for sale on Etsy here.






-

These original paintings are all for sale on Etsy - and so are notecard art prints, which you can order here. I will also soon post pictures of the notecards in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment