Friday, July 7, 2017

New Great Lakes Notecard Sets

I recently updated my Etsy listing for my popular Great Lakes notecards, so that instead of a variety pack of four different colors, you can get a set of six cards of the same color. I also increased the color options to include the new watercolors I recently finished, bringing the total up to twelve color options. (The "variety" option is also still there - you can mix and match your own set of six notecards from any of the twelve options if you want.)

Below are some "group shots" of my Great Lakes notecards. (Scroll further down to see individual shots and descriptions of each color option.)












==

OPTION 1: "The Great Lakes Rainbow"







These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes Rainbow" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




From Lake Superior to Lake Ontario, the Great Lakes are painted in a blended spectrum of pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. These make great whimsical gifts for children, artists, and color lovers - and are also a fun way to celebrate a combination of Michigan and LGBTQIA pride!

==

OPTION 2: "The Great Lakes in Metallic Copper & Red"







These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Metallic Copper & Red" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




Please note that while the original watercolor painting has quite a bit of metallic shine to it (because it was painted with Daniel Smith Iridescent Watercolors), these notecards are only reproductions created on an inkjet printer. The ink is not metallic. However, it is a really nice reddish copper/rusty brown sort of color - a unique neutral that goes with anything.

==

OPTION 3: "The Great Lakes in Yellow & Blue"







These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Yellow & Blue" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




I had the University of Michigan (my husband's alma mater) in mind when I selected this color palette, and think these would make great graduation party invitations or thank you notes - just fill in the blank insides with your own text, and let your Wolverine (and Great Lakes!) pride shine!

==

OPTION 4: "The Great Lakes in Green"






These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Green II" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




This bright green isn't exactly Sparty's color - but it's close! (I did that intentionally - I attended Eastern Michigan University, whose colors are also green and white, and I wanted this green watercolor to be more versatile, and not exactly lined up with any one school.) I think this color would also make a great option for graduation invitations or thank you cards - or as a great gift for anyone who loves the color green!

==

OPTION 5: "The Great Lakes in Blue-Green"






These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Blue-Green" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale at Paint Creek Center for the Arts, in Rochester, MI.




This is one of my favorite color schemes for a Great Lakes painting, because the blue-green shades mimic the actual color of the water, as well as the Earth as a whole. It just reminds me of all those photographs of the Earth taken from space - the green land and blue oceans peaking out from behind white clouds.

==

OPTION 6: "The Great Lakes in Blue-Violet"





These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Blue-Violet" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale at Paint Creek Center for the Arts, in Rochester, MI.




This color option is similar to option #7 (below) - both in title and in color scheme - but this "Blue-Violet" is more violet than blue, with highly saturated blue and purple pigments. Blue and purple are two of my favorite colors (especially together), so I tend to use them a lot in paintings.

==

OPTION 7: "The Great Lakes in Blue-Violet II"






These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Blue-Violet II" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




This color option is similar to option #6 (above) - both in title and in color scheme - but this "Blue-Violet" is more blue than violet. The colors are also a bit duller/lighter than the previous painting. Instead of using a really rich purple, it has more of a faded dark denim look. I like to think of it as closer to indigo or navy than a true "blue-violet."

==

OPTION 8: "The Great Lakes in Green, Pink & Yellow"





These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Green, Pink & Yellow" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




I love how saturated and bright these colors are - like a bright tie-dye t-shirt! The green is a light/bright yellow-green, coupled with equally bright yellow and hot pink.

==

OPTION 9: "The Great Lakes in Red, Pink & Purple"






These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Red, Pink & Purple" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale at the Paint Creek Center for the Arts in Rochester, MI.




I like to think of this as a "Valentine's Day" color scheme - though of course, it's great any time of the year! Red and dark purple blend together in this painting, with little hints of faded pink thrown in.

==

OPTION 10: "The Great Lakes in Pink & Purple"





These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Pink & Purple" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale at the Paint Creek Center for the Arts in Rochester, MI.




Similar to option #9 (above), the difference between these two color schemes is the lack of red here. It's the same dark purple and faded pink as option #9, but without the darker red to neutralize it a bit, it turns out even girlier.

==

OPTION 11: "The Great Lakes in Pink & Orange"





These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Pink & Orange" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




This bright pink and orange combo blend nicely together to transform the overall impression into an almost salmon or coral shade - a trendy color used for a lot of events, including weddings. These could make great DIY invitations or thank you cards - just fill in the blank insides with your own words!

==

OPTION 12: "The Great Lakes in Pink & Green"






These notecards feature art prints of my "The Great Lakes in Pink & Green" watercolor painting (seen below). This original painting is for sale through my Etsy shop.




This color option is a dark green mixed with pink, giving the Great Lakes a sort of feminine camouflage look. Because pink and green are compliments, there are some really interesting neutrals (browns and grays) happening in places where the two colors blend together.

==

OPTION 13: VARIETY PACK

For all of the above options 1-12, I will send a set of six identical cards. Option #12, for instance, would be a set of six "Pink & Green" cards, all with that same pink and green color scheme. If you want a variety pack instead of a set of six of the same color, you would instead choose option #13 from my Etsy listing.

If you select option #13, you can choose your own combination of up to six colors from any of the options listed above. You can send me a message at the time you place your Etsy order, or email me your selections at afrownfe[at!]gmail.com. Please list all your color selections and the quantities you would like for each color. You can give me the number (1-12) or the name of the color - whichever is easiest.

If you do not specify, you will receive a random selection of 6 different colors.

If you list less than six colors and do not give quantities (for example, if you said you wanted "Pink & Orange" and "Pink & Purple" but did not tell me how many of each you would like), then I will split the total cards among the options you gave (in this case, sending three "Pink & Orange" cards and three "Pink & Purple" cards). If you list more than 6 colors, but purchase only one package, I will send only the first six cards. Each $10.50 set comes with exactly 6 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment