Friday, July 28, 2017

"Religion Bouquet (Stronger Together)" - In Progress 6

To read about religious discrimination and why tolerance of people of all religions (and non-religions) is so important, visit this blog post.

To read about the religious symbolism of the 24 flowers used in this drawing, go back to this blog post.

-

My drawing is now halfway complete! Today's post will outline the next six flowers I worked on, as I continued to go through the bouquet flower-by-flower.

This amaranthus (love lies bleeding) is on the left side of the bouquet, underneath the plumeria. I used two shades of green for the leaves, and pink, cream, and two shades of red for the flowers:





In the middle of the bouquet, just under the pomegranante, is this vibrant display of birds of paradise. I used nearly every color of the rainbow for this one - magenta, red, orange, white, yellow, green, dark green, blue, and two purple pencils:






These orchids were colored in with blue-violet, red-violet, magenta, lavender gray, pink, red, and dark red:






Back on the other side, I added color and detail to the purple irises with white, lavender, purple, magenta, brown, yellow, green, blue, and black pencils:





Next to the irises, I drew this white lily, surrounded by small lily buds. I used white, orange, yellow, black, and two green colored pencils:





The eighteenth flower in this bouquet are these orange zinnia. I used white, black, magenta, orange, and yellow, as well as two shades of green for the stems:





Only six more flowers, and the glass vase, to finish up before this 19"x25" is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment