Saturday, June 11, 2016

Downtown Rochester Gallery Stroll - Recap

On Friday, June 3, I participated in the Paint Creek Center for the Arts Gallery Stroll in downtown Rochester, MI. It was a lot of fun displaying my colored pencil drawings, acrylic paintings, and watercolors in Smith Jeweler's downtown, and talking a bit to the people who came out.

I even had a few people express interest in purchasing - some who I directed toward my Etsy shop to see my larger watercolor paintings that I did not bring, or what downloadable coloring pages I had available, and one who even set up a time to come over to my studio to see all my work in person. If you're ever in the area and want to stop by to see my artwork, don't hesitate to let me know! I love inviting people to my home studio to look at what I'm working on or what I have available for sale.

Here are some photographs I took of my countertop displays from the Gallery Stroll event. Some were put up on Instagram and got a great response there!


Two of my 11x15" watercolors on display near the wine & snacks table: "Waterlilies" on top; "Splattered Dahlias" on the bottom

5"x7" colored pencil drawings were propped up on tabletop easels around the store. This one is "Radiant Dahlia."

Three recent 5"x7" colored pencil drawings - "Purple Rose Trio," "Norfolk Succulents" and "Pink Impatiens"

I also put several stacks of business cards around for anyone interested. This colored pencil drawing is "Detroit Riverwalk Petunias"

Some colored pencil drawings on display were on black paper; others, like these, were on tan or gray paper. Here we have "Rose with a Hint of Aqua" and "Roses with a Hint of Orange & Yellow"

"More Roses with a Hint of Orange & Yellow"

My 8"x10" colored pencil drawing "Rainbow Crassula"

Patterned watercolor paintings took up another table display. These were 8"x10" and 5"x7" in size.

More patterned watercolors

My recently finished six acrylic paintings (look for an upcoming blog post about those!) as well as a couple watercolor/colored pencil mixed media pieces with stamped leaves

A table of colored pencil drawings, as posted on Instagram

My recent "magic pencil" architecture drawings, with a floral watercolor painting ("When Fear Gets in the Way") in the background

Me posing with my artwork


As always, check out my Etsy shop to see more of my work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment