Monday, June 27, 2016

Getty Center Gardens

As part of the 2012 road trip I posted photos from earlier this week, my friends and I also stopped in Los Angeles to see the X-games, visit my husband's aunt, and generally check out the area.

One day, I dragged my husband and one of my friends to the Getty Center to look at artwork (none of the friends who joined us on the trip were really art-lovers, but they humored me). What I didn't realize was that behind the Getty Center was also a beautiful garden. I had already taken so many pictures earlier in the day that my camera battery died before I got to take too many photos of the gardens, but I did manage to snap a few good ones.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the Getty Center gardens:








As with many of my floral photographs, I use these as inspiration for colored pencil drawings and paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment