Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Spring Flower Photos

We have several flowering plants in our yard - only some of which we chose and planted. Many simply came with the house when he bought in four years ago, including beautiful clumps of orange and red lilies, which are only just now starting to open up.

Other flowers sprung up earlier, in May. Here are some of my favorite photos of flowers growing around our yard.


The yellow lilies we planted near our mailbox this year:



The spring blossoms on the bushes we had put in the backyard last fall:



And the pretty flowers on our "weedy" backyard bushes and trees:




As with all floral photographs I take, I plan to possibly use these one day as inspiration for a painting or drawing.

Since taking these photos, there are even more flowers up in my yard - some of the red lilies in the front have opened up, and I even have a solitary rose bloom that somehow survived the Ginny a-puppy-calypse 2015. I guess I'll have to go out and take more photos for my flower archives. :)

1 comment: