Tuesday, April 23, 2019

"Hope" Colored Pencil Drawing

Continuing with my floral attributes colored pencil series, I recently completed two more 8"x10" drawings - this time on green paper. This first one is titled "Hope," for the symbolism of the green button pom flowers used as the subject matter.

The supplies I used were Prismacolor brand pencils and Canson Mi-Teintes green paper. You can buy it in my Etsy shop here. Below, you can see the step by step process I used to build up layers of color.











I liked the idea of light shining in on dark button poms - just a little at first, and then growing bigger. I wanted to have the flowers backlit because I felt like it fit with the title of "Hope."

Once I was finished with the drawing, I signed my name and matted it, to list for sale in my Etsy shop.

Here are some close-ups of the finished drawing:






And here is the finished piece:








You can buy it in my Etsy shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment