Monday, January 11, 2016

Barcelona - Parc de la Ciutadella

At the end of our 2010 cruise (which stopped and ended in Barcelona), we had to disembark at some ungodly hour like 6 am. My husband and I planned to stay in Barcelona for an extra day, and then take a train to Montpellier, France, and then up to Paris. But we were a little lost for how to fill the time between us getting off our cruise ship and when any Barcelona attractions opened (such as the Picasso Museum I wanted to see).

We sort of wandered around for a bit, and then stumbled on this gorgeous, large park. It was the perfect place to spend a couple of hours while we waited for the museum to open, and I took a lot of photos.

Here are some of my favorites:













Some of those photos may look familiar to you - I've used several of these as source photographs for colored pencil drawings and watercolors since 2010.

Here is "Barcelona Blooms" (5"x7" colored pencil drawing on black paper), for sale through my Etsy shop.




And here is "Barcelona Roses" (5"x7" colored pencil drawing on black paper), for sale through my Etsy shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment