Friday, January 15, 2016

Naples and Sorrento, Italy

I went on a Mediterranean Study Abroad Tour in the summer of 2008 when I was in college. It started in Zurich, Switzerland, then zigzagged through Italy hitting Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples and Sorrento in the south. We then caught a night boat out of Brindisi and headed to Greece, where we visited many sites on the mainland and (by way of two more night boats) spent a few days on the island of Crete.

Though the hotel we were staying in was in Naples, we spent most of our two days in the area visiting the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum (I'll post those photos tomorrow). Furthermore, I had an eye infection at this point of the trip, so what little sightseeing we had time for in Naples I didn't utilize well (given that I was irritable, tired, and in pain, with blisters on my feet and pus oozing out of my eye).

Nevertheless, here are my favorite photos I took in Naples and Sorrento.










No comments:

Post a Comment