Saturday, January 23, 2016

Parents' Christmas Cards

For the last few years, I've designed the Christmas Cards that my parents send out, and last month was no exception. Instead of designing a card on the computer this past Christmas, however, I decided to hand-draw the text for the front, inside, and back of the card. Then I scanned in the images to make into a card.

In the end, we decided not to do an all-black card (too expensive to print), but we kept the all-black cover. I rewrote the inside text on lighter paper and scanned that text in to match.

Here are some detail photos I took of the original all-black hand lettering, before I scanned them in. I used Strathmore black paper and Prismacolor colored pencils. I love how the colored pencil stands out against the black!

The words are the lyrics to the Christmas song "We Three Kings":

Star of wonder, star of night
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to Thy perfect light.








No comments:

Post a Comment