Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Venice, Italy (2008)

As part of the same study abroad trip I've been talking about, we spent a few days in Venice, Italy. I absolutely loved Venice and wanted to stay longer. I felt like there were so many places to explore that I didn't get a chance to. Luckily, when my husband's family decided to go on a Mediterranean Cruise a few years later, in 2010, and invited us along, I got a chance to return briefly to Venice again!

The following are my favorite photographs taken in Venice in 2008. (I'll post the ones I took in 2010 tomorrow.) You can really see the difference in camera technology between the two years. As part of the symposium research money I earned at Eastern Michigan University, I purchased a new, fancy camera in 2010.

Even though these 2008 photos aren't the best (compared to the 2010 ones), I have used some of them as source photography for creating artwork.


The Bridge of Sighs


Sunset




Reflections in the water


The Rialto Bridge

San Marco

I created a large, full sheet watercolor of this photo (22"x30" in size) for the 2009 EMU Symposium (which I talked about in yesterday's post). It is now hanging in my parents' kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment