Saturday, November 5, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #15

Rose #15 is the halfway mark of my "30 Days" colored pencil drawing. Once I finished this rose, I had only 15 more roses to go.

Because this one has water droplets, I first marked those in white so that I could keep track of where to add them back in at the finish.



Then I started lightly shading in the rose petals, preserving the black paper where I wanted the darkest black shadows.




I added in some yellow and then orange into the center of the rose.





Then I lightened/brightened the edges with a light pink, and the white/light blue colored pencils I used in the first two steps.







I then went back to the shadows of the petals again - where the petals curl in toward other petals/the center or stem of the flower - and added magenta and more orange. I also added hints of orange/magenta to the edges of the white water droplets to give them a slightly more dimensional look.





And so the first 15 roses are complete! Now I just have to finish the last three roses in row 3, add in the green leafy backgrounds, and continue on to rows four & five.



No comments:

Post a Comment