Monday, November 14, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #17

Rose #17 is the second rose from the right in the middle row.

I started with a yellow-orange color as a base layer, and then started layering a redder orange on top.






Then I started going through and adding details - like the whiter areas where the large water droplets would go.





I added light peach to the petals that caught the most highlight, to give the rose dimensionality.





I went back through and added more layers of orange and a magenta-pink hue, continuing to add light peach as necessary to those light colored petals to keep them bright enough to stand out from the magenta shadows.






Then, because I wanted this rose to be very light colored, almost white, I added even more light peach/light cream on top, to lighten it up and blend all the colors together. I added some detail of darker magenta around the water droplets to act as shadows and help the droplets "jump" out of the petals a bit more.






When I was done with rose #17, I went back and considered row #3 as a whole. I hadn't yet started adding in any greens in the background for row #3, so I did that now.




No comments:

Post a Comment