Tuesday, November 15, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #18

Rose #18 is the last rose in the middle row (row #3).

I started with a light yellow-tan color.





And then immediately lightened it further, with a light cream pencil. This is going to be one of the whitest roses in the group of 30.




I added some medium-pinks into the shadows of the petals, and then immediately went back over with more cream to soften the transition and continue lightening it up.





I actually used a stark white pencil for this rose. I tried to not use it very often on the other roses, unless it was on a very light colored water droplet - because I knew there would be one or two roses in the middle of the group of 30 that I would want to be the whitest. So I saved my white colored pencil for now.




I also added little hints of "extra concentrated" white for water droplets, but I did not add many shadows, so they are not as dimensional as the droplets on other roses. I wanted them to appear "thicker," not as transparent, and wanted them to blend in with the actual petals more. As a result, they aren't very visible.





And now the first three rows of my drawing are complete! (Minus a few extra bits of green background I have to add in still on the right.) Two more rows to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment