Tuesday, November 29, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #19

I started the 4th row of my 22"x30" colored pencil drawing with rose #19.

First, I drew outlines of rose #19 and #20.




Then I colored in the petals of rose #19 with a light peach color, and added in layers of orange and pink over the top.






I went over areas of the rose where I wanted to play up more of a yellowed/brown coloring with a yellow-orange colored pencil.




Then I lightened the whole rose with a cream colored pencil (paying special attention to the highlights on the edges of the petals), and went over the yellow shadows more with a reddish-brown.




I added in some more orange on top, and made sure all the colors were blended together.





Row #4 will have five more roses, and then row #5 will have the final six. Just 11 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment