Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Changing Leaves - Clinton River Trail

As I complained in yesterday's post, I feel like autumn didn't synchronize well this year. Though individual trees were beautiful - if you caught them at the right time - they didn't necessarily work together to create that traditional multi-colored everything-changing-at-once autumn panorama.

In late October, my husband and I took our puppy Ginny on a walk along the Clinton River Trail near our house in Rochester Hills, Michigan. I brought my camera along, thinking there might be some great fall color to document - but only some of the trees had changed, and many others were still green or just starting to turn. There was also limited sunlight, since we took our walk in the morning, when the sun was still a bit low in the sky. So these aren't the most colorful autumn photos, but a few of them turned out pretty good regardless.























I don't know if I'll ever use these as inspiration for future artworks (certainly not for the foreseeable future, since I have a lot of other projects already in the making), but who knows? I might some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment