Tuesday, February 14, 2017

"28 Years" - Year #10

For general information about this 22"x30" colored pencil drawing, see this blog post.
For more information about the flower symbolism I used (Years 1-14) and life events that led me to select those particular flowers, see this blog post.

--

I decided to symbolize my 10th year with sunflower and oregano.
  • Sunflower: symbol of devotion, adoration, haughtiness, power, loyalty, strong bonds between friends, seeking positivity and strength, good luck, and nourishing self and others
  • Oregano: symbol of substance and birth
First I drew outlines of the plants on black paper:





These are the two botanical drawings I looked at for reference while I drew (I do not own these images; I found them on Google):



I lightly sketched in the colors of the sunflower and then the oregano, and then erased the graphite pencil lines to leave only the colored pencil sketch.







Then I pressed harder with the colored pencils to give deeper, more saturated colors, and to start adding in details. I did the oregano first, and then the sunflower.









Here is the entire drawing so far. 10 complete, 18 to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment