Thursday, February 2, 2017

"28 Years" - Year #6

For general information about this 22"x30" colored pencil drawing, see this blog post.
For more information about the flower symbolism I used (Years 1-14) and life events that led me to select those particular flowers, see this blog post.

--

My 6th "mini arrangement" is comprised of edelweiss and freesia flowers.
  • Edelweiss: symbol of courage, devotion, adventure, sacrifice, difficulty, and pride in the Alps region
  • Freesia: symbol of thoughtfulness, innocence, trust, friendship, and sweetness
First I sketched the plants on black paper.





Here are the botanical drawings I looked at for reference while I drew (I do not own either of these pictures; I found them on Google):





Once I had the outlines down, I started filling them in lightly with color. I drew in the greenery for both plants, and then started in on the white edelweiss flowers and yellow and pink freesia.






Once the light sketch was complete, I started applying more pressure with the pencils, to get more pigment down. I lightened up the edelweiss more, and then moved on to lightening up the freesia.








Another "year" complete. There is one more left in this top row, and then three more rows (of 7 each) left to go. Here is the entire 22"x30" drawing so far:





No comments:

Post a Comment