Wednesday, July 26, 2017

"Religion Bouquet (Stronger Together)" - In Progress 5

To read about religious discrimination and why tolerance of people of all religions (and non-religions) is so important, visit this blog post.

To read about the religious symbolism of the 24 flowers used in this drawing, go back to this blog post.

-

For the next six flowers in this bouquet, I used the same basic process that I used for the first six - building up layers with different colored pencils to add dimensionality and detail to the flowers, and to help increase the contrast between the bright, vibrant colors and the dark paper.

I worked on the holly plant next, nestled between the black-eyed susans and enchanter's nightshade. For the holly, I used two pink, white, black, two red colored pencils, and three green pencils:





Over the right side of the bouquet, I used white, three purple pencils, three magenta/pink pencils, and three green pencils to complete this bunch of purple tulips:





For the lychnis flowers, I used three shades of green, two shades of red, and pink, black, and white:





Back on the left side of the bouquet, I worked on these purple morning glories. I used white, yellow, blue-violet, purple, and magenta pencils, as well as three shades of green for the leaves and stems:





This large pomegranate flower and its duo of budding fruits was drawn in with green, white, yellow, orange, and three different shades of red:






Then, I worked on the acanthus, the twelfth flower in this bouquet - and therefore the halfway point. I used red, red-violet, pink, white, two different light purple pencils, and one green colored pencil for the stem:





Here is how the entire bouquet looks, with half of the flowers complete:




Next, I'll continue to add color to the bottom half of the bouquet - and the vase at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment