Thursday, November 9, 2017

"Anticipation" - 8"x10" Colored Pencil Drawing

My exhibition at the Canton Village Theater in Canton, Michigan is now up! Swing by before December 3 to see my latest colored pencil flower drawings. All eight of my recent large format drawings are there, as well as five 8x10 drawings and ten 5x7 drawings.

Two of those five 8x10 drawings are so recent, I haven't even gotten around to posting about them here yet! One of those is the subject of today's post.

I finished "Anticipation" in late September/early October. I used Prismacolor pencils on Strathmore toned tan paper. The title comes from the symbolic meaning for anemone flowers.

Below are the in-progress shots of how I built up layers of color to fill this tan paper with a sea of anemone blooms. In the first photo, you can also see the reference picture I printed off from Google to look at while I drew.




















By the time it was finished, I'd used 17 different colored pencils for this drawing.






It is for sale at the Canton Village Theater until December 3. After that, if it's still available, it will be listed on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment