Wednesday, June 5, 2019

"Constancy" Colored Pencil Drawing

I recently completed this 8"x10" colored pencil drawing on toned tan Strathmore paper, using Prismacolor pencils. The flowers are bluebells, which symbolize constancy.

I started with a light outline of where I wanted to put the purple flower stalks and green grass blades.





Then I went through a gradually built up color and dimension. For the purple flowers I used several shades of purple, blue, and white.










I added the dimension and brighter green colors to the grass blades last, to add a pop of contrasting color into the background.





Here are some close ups of the final, completed drawing:






Finally, I put the drawing in a white mat and listed it on Etsy. Find the drawing for sale here.





No comments:

Post a Comment