Tuesday, June 11, 2019

"Strength" Colored Pencil Drawing

Another recent 8"x10" colored pencil drawing I completed is this one, titled "Strength" after the symbolism of the subject matter: ginger flowers! I used Prismacolor pencils on toned tan Strathmore paper.

I started with a light sketch to lay out where the colors would go - the main red flower with yellow details and green leaves on the right, and a yellow and red flower stalk on the left, with larger leaves/blades of grass in the background.





Then I worked on the flower on the right, adding depth and dimension with several different colored pencils.






Once the flower on the right was finished, I moved on to the yellow and red stalks on the left side of the drawing.






Here are some close-ups of the finished drawing:





I also took some photographs of the completed drawing with a white mat, and listed it for sale on Etsy (which you can find here).





No comments:

Post a Comment