Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bouquet Stems

This is a 5"x7" colored pencil drawing I created in March of last year. It is for sale through my Etsy shop for $39 and comes with a 8"x10" arctic white Crescent mat suitable for framing.


"Bouquet Stems" 5"x7" Colored Pencil Drawing
Andrea Arbit

"Bouquet Stems" 5"x7" Colored Pencil Drawing
Andrea Arbit



This colored pencil drawing was created from a unique source photograph. As I mentioned in my post about the hydrangea photos, I like to take images from several different angles, so I have lots of options to work with for future artworks. This image is from the side/back/underneath a bouquet (depending on how you want to think of it), looking up at the underside of the flowers.

The pink flowers featured are mums, but there were other flowers in the bouquet as well. Some of the petals toward the bottom of the flowers were starting to yellow a bit - you can see them in the thin petals hanging down toward us.

Here is a detail shot -


"Bouquet Stems" 5"x7" Colored Pencil Drawing (detail)
Andrea Arbit

By the way, do you ever look at a word for so long that it starts to lose meaning/look like it's spelled wrong? The word "bouquet" looks totally misspelled to me now.

I just double checked. It's not. ;) Whew!

These colored pencil drawings look great mixed and matched together. Because they're all on black paper and all have floral subjects, they tie in with each other even if the color palette differs between them. Check all my images out at my Etsy store!

No comments:

Post a Comment