Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pattern Matilda in Yellow-Green

I've painted lots of 4"x6" and 5"x7" watercolors that just feature a pattern (with some bright, saturated color schemes!) but this past month I also started doing a few 8"x10" size. The 8"x10"s take a bit longer, but they also get to feature a greater range in color, since there's more paper to work with.


"Pattern Matilda in Yellow-Green" - 8x10 Watercolor Painting in 11x14 Mat
Andrea Arbit

Purchase this painting through my Etsy shop here!

As you can see, the colors I used were yellow, yellow-green, and hints of a sort of orange-y brown/khaki.

Here are some detail shots:








This would look great in a room of almost any color! Here I am, holding it up against my pretty jade-colored dining room wall.




And here is a photo "in progress" when the painting was only half finished:




This painting would look great teamed up with "Pattern Scarlett" (also available for purchase through my Etsy shop). Both are 8"x10" in size with matching mats. More on "Pattern Scarlett" in tomorrow's post! :)





These paintings are only $59 a piece on my Etsy site. (My 4"x6" pattern paintings go for $29/each, and my 5"x7" pattern paintings go for $39/each.)

No comments:

Post a Comment