Friday, October 30, 2015

Engagement Anniversary

Because today marks the 6-year anniversary of my husband and I getting engaged, I thought I'd share some photographs from our jade and coral colored wedding.


I designed all of the wedding stationery. This was one of the first patterns I designed in Adobe Illustrator (though not THE first). The backs of the invitations show a field of the pattern, while the front shows only 'stripes' of the pattern. I also designed the rose image, by tracing a photograph of a rose with the Illustrator pen tool, making it into a vector shape, and adding some watercolor inspired "splashes"

I asked our bakery to use the pattern I designed on the cake as well. The cake was further decorated with jade green ribbon and coral roses.

The reception menus I designed, printed, and assembled. Each menu was paired with metallic jade green cardstock and a pretty coral pink ribbon.

The centerpieces were coral roses and patterned coral placemats that I painted myself.

Each of the coral "placemats" was hand painted in watercolor. The pattern is the same pattern from the stationery. I cut them out of watercolor paper in a scalloped shape, and then placed a slightly large scalloped shape of acetate on top, to protect the watercolor paintings from food/drink spillage.

A close-up of one of the watercolor placemats


When I spread out all 27 placemats (each one of which is 18" in diameter), they stretched all the way down my apartment hallway, spilling into the living room.

All of the finished placemat paintings, stacked on top of each other, with a sample invitation, and swatches of our coral/jade color scheme.

I also designed and painted a card box for the reception. The "cards" sign is a watercolor painting. The box is a cardboard box painted with acrylic paint (coral on the inside, jade on the outside). The jade outside was further decorated with metallic silver and jade swirls, and lined with extra jade ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment