Saturday, October 24, 2015

Florence, Italy

I've had the pleasure of visiting Florence twice - once in 2008, as part of a Mediterranean Study Abroad tour in college, and once in 2010, as part of a Mediterranean cruise with my husband's family. Here are some of my favorite photos from those two trips.

A leather shop

Panorama of Arno River

A gelateria counter

You may recognize this source photograph - I used it for my painting "Italian Gelato," which I showed in a previous post.



Cathedral Facade

Ponte Vecchio bridge across the Arno River

View of Florence from the top of the Duomo

View of Florence from the top of the Duomo

The famous Duomo of Florence

Sunset over the Arno

Ponte Vecchio

The Arno River

Sunset view of Duomo from top of hill

Sunset over the Arno


I have plans to use several of these photographs as source material for an upcoming watercolor series.

No comments:

Post a Comment