Sunday, October 25, 2015

Siena, Italy

A short bus ride from Florence is a little Tuscan town called Siena. During my 2008 Study Abroad trip, I also had a chance to visit Siena for a day. Here are some of my favorite photos from that trip.


En route to Siena

The Siena Clock Tower

The streets of Siena

The streets of Siena

The Siena Cathedral. Unfortunately, it was being renovated, so there are unsightly construction cranes in the photo.

A window display of a Siena Boar

Pigeons at a Siena Fountain


The photograph of the taxidermic boar was, of course, the source photograph for my "Oggi Porchetta" watercolor painting, which I featured in this previous post. Like Florence, I have plans for some of these other photographs as well, and hope to turn them into watercolor paintings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment