Monday, October 19, 2015

Recent Works in Progress

I've been pretty busy making 5"x7" patterned watercolor paintings this month. I had a bunch already traced, so it was just a matter of sitting down, deciding on a color scheme, and getting to the actual painting. I've been doing about one of these every day or so (sometimes two a day, if I'm feeling particularly productive), and I've been posting them on my Instagram as I go.

These are not up on Etsy yet because they are still very "curly." Because I paint right to the edges, these little paintings tend to curl once they're dry. Once I finish a few more, I'll be done with all the ones I already have planned and traced, so I'll go ahead and take a break from production then to prepare these babies for matting, uploading on Etsy, and selling.












To flatten them out, I'll iron them (painted side down) on the hottest setting ("cotton," on my iron). Then I'll stack heavy books on top of them while they're still warm and leave the books on them for several days to flatten them out. Then they'll be ready to be matted, photographed, and put up on Etsy.

Instagram is the best place to keep up with my most recent projects before they're up on Etsy. I also tweet what I 'gram, so if you'd prefer, you can also follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment