Sunday, October 1, 2017

"Ability Bouquet (Stronger Together)" - In Progress 6

This drawing uses flowers to symbolize the wide variety of different physical, emotional, and mental abilities humans might have, as a way to show how we are better and stronger together when we are willing to help each other out.

To read about "the ability umbrella" - what exactly I mean when I talk about differences in ability - please visit this blog post.

To read about the symbolism of each flower used in this bouquet drawing, visit this blog post.

**

I'm in the middle of going back through this bouquet, flower by flower, and adding layers of color and detail. The thirteenth flower I worked on was this cluster of pink geraniums, using dark red, magenta, pink, coral, cream, white, light yellow-green, green, dark green, and black colored pencils.





On the other side of the wilting white roses, I added in this yellow Lady's Mantle - a drying, browning herb. I used black, brown, yellow, white, green and dark green colored pencils for this small clump of decaying flowers.





Next, I worked on these tiny yarrow flowers, using white, light blue, blue, lime green, yellow, and black.






To the right of the yarrow, I drew in these purple heliotropes. I used three shades of purple, three shades of green, and black.





On the left side of the bouquet is this mullein plant, with early signs of browning/damage. I used white, yellow, orange, brown, and dark red, as well as three shades of green, to finish up this flower.





Below is flower #18, meaning that I am 3/4 of the way through this final bouquet. For these pink lupine flowers, I used green, yellow, white, pink, and red colored pencils.





Check back for my next blog post, which will feature "in progress" shots of finishing up the last six flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment