Wednesday, October 4, 2017

"Ability Bouquet (Stronger Together)" - In Progress 7

This drawing uses flowers to symbolize the wide variety of different physical, emotional, and mental abilities humans might have, as a way to show how we are better and stronger together when we are willing to help each other out.

To read about "the ability umbrella" - what exactly I mean when I talk about differences in ability - please visit this blog post.

To read about the symbolism of each flower used in this bouquet drawing, visit this blog post.

**

It's time to (finally!) finish up the last of the bouquets in this "Stronger Together" series. Here are the photos of completing the last six flowers in this "Ability Bouquet" drawing.

These marigolds were drawn in with red, orange, yellow, white, light tan, light yellow-green, green, and black colored pencils.






Next, I worked on these daffodils, which I finished up with white, red, orange, yellow, light yellow, light green, green, and black pencils.





At the bottom of this bouquet is a large branch of white lilac flowers. I used purple, green, dark green, light yellow, yellow-green, light tan, and white pencils to complete these flowers.





These pink orchids - drying up and browning - were colored in with purple, magenta, pink, brown, white, yellow, yellow-green, and green shades.





Several large chamomile flowers went in next to the white lilac on the bottom. I used black, yellow, yellow-orange, orange, blue, light blue, and white colored pencils to work on these petals and centers.

I also started adding detail to the glass vase at this point, drawing in a few stems in green and marking reflections in the glass with white, green, and other colors.





Finally, I finished up with these dandelions. I used orange, yellow, and white for the flowers, and three shades of green for the leaves and stems. Small detail work I refined with a black colored pencil.





And that's it - my last "Stronger Together" drawing is finally done! I'll post some more images of the final drawing (and all of the drawings in this six-piece series) in the next two blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment