Thursday, December 10, 2015

Yellow Rose

On my Etsy page, I have a listing for a 5"x7" colored pencil drawing on black paper titled "Yellow Rose" (which you can find for sale here).

"Yellow Rose" 5x7 colored pencil drawing by Andrea Arbit

"Yellow Rose" 5x7 colored pencil drawing by Andrea Arbit
Comes with 8x10 white Crescent mat

Like all of my 5"x7" colored pencil drawings, this comes with a 8"x10" white Crescent mat suitable for framing.

And here is a detail photo:


"Yellow Rose" 5x7 colored pencil drawing by Andrea Arbit
(detail)

(Back of drawing)

To create this drawing, I looked at the shadows of the rose first (on the source photo I was using - a picture taken from a rose bouquet) and preserved the black lines from the black paper. Then, I filled in the lighter shadows with orange, and the lightest parts of the rose in yellow and white.


Detail on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment