Saturday, December 19, 2015

Zurich, Switzerland

In 2008, I went on a study abroad trip to the Mediterranean. We spent most of the five weeks in Italy (three weeks) and Greece (two weeks), but we did spend a couple days in Zurich, Switzerland. I managed to have a layover in the Zurich airport during another trip, but those two instances remain the only time I've been to Switzerland - and neither was as long or intensive as I'd like.

On my dad's side, my family comes from Fraunfeld, Switzerland (many, many years ago - my ancestors came to America prior to the Revolutionary War), and it'd be cool to go back and explore that little town - not to mention the rest of the country that I didn't get a chance to see. It's definitely on my bucket list to return.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures of Zurich. Because it was seven years ago, the picture quality isn't always great. I thought they were amazing at the time, but camera technology has, of course, advanced since, to the point where some of these look a little pixelated to me.

Fraumunster Church

Grossmunster Church

Lake Zurich

Lake Zurich

View of Zurich from the top of the Lindenhoff

View of Zurich from the top of the Lindenhoff

No comments:

Post a Comment