Sunday, March 13, 2016

Detroit, Michigan

Detroit's area code is 313, which makes today (March 13th) Detroit Day!

Growing up, the 313 area code actually extended to my hometown of Canton, a good 40 minutes or so from Detroit. I vaguely remember the switch to 734; I think I was pretty young at the time.

In any case, living so close to Detroit meant several visits over the years to Detroit (and its Canadian neighbor, Windsor, ON). Here are some of my favorite photos of the city of Detroit. Most are taken around the new Riverwalk area on the riverfront, though a few of these are from a river cruise.










Detroit's view of Windsor, Ontario

The Ambassador Bridge (bridge between Detroit and Windsor)


And as a bonus, here are some of my favorite photos from the Detroit Zoo! (Which is actually in an affluent suburb of Detroit, Royal Oak.)


Flamingos

Lioness

Peacock

Polar Bear

Tiger

Wolverine



No comments:

Post a Comment