Sunday, March 20, 2016

More Abstract Colored Pencil Drawings

Yesterday I showed you some detail photos of two of my latest abstract colored pencil drawings. Here are the next two - similar in form (both feature organic arcs and swirls) but different in color scheme.

Both were created with Prismacolor brand colored pencils and Strathmore Toned Gray paper.

I didn't plan either of these out in advance other than choosing which colors I thought would 1) stand out nicely on the gray paper and 2) work well together. Once I had my palette selected, I just went for it, seeing where the doodle took me - a departure from the structured, well-planned-out way I usually approach my artwork.

I'm calling this one "Retro Wave Doodle."




And this one is "Soft Swirls Doodle":







Here is the response I've received on Instagram:





I'm sure I'll keep doing more of these in the future. They're fun to do, and fast, and require little forethought or planning. Especially now that I have this new part-time job that takes up my mornings, I'll probably do a lot more of these quick, easy projects so that I can still squeeze some art into my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment