Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Odelle - 5x7 Watercolor

Most of my 4"x6" and 5"x7" patterned watercolor paintings are currently displayed at the Art Market at the Paint Creek Center for the Arts in downtown Rochester, Michigan. But I recently completed five new 5"x7" paintings, and put these up for sale on Etsy.

Today I'll be showing photos of Pattern Odelle in Red and Green. It is available through Etsy here.

Here is Pattern Odelle getting the finishing touches in my studio. I used Winsor & Newton watercolor paints for these recent paintings.




Like all of my original 5"x7" pattern watercolors, Pattern Odelle is $39 and comes with a 8"x10" white Crescent mat suitable for framing.








To get a pretty, colorful pic for my Etsy shop, I took several pictures of Odelle with flowers and teacups until I found one I was happy with. So here is Odelle from other angles, and with fun props!







Here are some close-up shots to see the detail in the color gradients:








As always with these pattern watercolors, the fronts remain unsigned so that they can be hung horizontally or vertically in any direction.

When I painted these recent designs I tried something different - I didn't make "pairs" or "trios" of like color combinations. Each of these five new Etsy listings use a unique color palette. This allows for a greater range of combinations to mix and match several paintings together to get a desired look.

I will show more detailed pics of the other four new paintings in the coming days, but here's a sneak peek of all five!







Here is Pattern Odelle with Pattern Julia:





Pattern Odelle with Pattern Ethiopia:




Pattern Odelle with Pattern Nadine:






Finally, here's a pic I uploaded to Instagram of all five - matted and packaged in plastic, ready for someone to fall in love with them on Etsy!




76 likes already, and counting! :)

And one of just Pattern Odelle -



No comments:

Post a Comment