Friday, March 11, 2016

Rest Stop Zinnia - Colored Pencil

This is another 5"x7" colored pencil drawing that I completed last year but never got around to getting up on this blog (though it's been on Etsy for awhile). It's called "Rest Stop Zinnia" because it is based on a photograph I took at a rest stop in Illinois while driving with my friends on a week-long road trip around the U.S. in 2012. We started the first leg of our journey by driving several hours from Michigan to Oklahoma, where we met up with another friend who lives in Oklahoma City with her husband (and now a baby boy, too!) and our pit stop in Illinois was our first of the trip.

This drawing is available for purchase on Etsy here. It comes with a 8"x10" white Crescent mat suitable for framing.








Here are some detail shots of the drawing. As with all of my colored pencil work, I used Prismacolor brand pencils. The paper is Strathmore Artgrain black.






And here are some step-by-step photos of how I drew and colored this piece:











I love how the colors pop against the black paper! So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment