Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Floral Coloring Pages

I've started to make some floral coloring pages to sell as instant PDF downloads on Etsy, but only have a few done so far. They're pretty time consuming to make. I want them to have a unique, almost hand-drawn feel (though they're created digitally), and also I want them to have a lot of detail (so they're great for adults, instead of just kids). So to make them I've been selecting a photo from my source images, and using that as a template to trace lines for a coloring page - making each line individually with the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator.

These aren't up on Etsy yet, but here's a sneak peek of the seven I have so far. These images show how the page might be colored, so they're half digitally colored and half untouched coloring page outlines.








You might recognize several of the source photos. The last image, the pink dahlia, was a source photograph I recently included in my post about Rochester, New York. And the first four images are based on photographs taken in my grandma's garden.

The clematis (the first image) and the pink lilies (the third image) I even made into 4"x6" colored pencil drawings on tan paper, which I framed as a set of four and gifted to her this past Christmas (and which was the subject of several blog posts back in January).




Once I have a few more complete, I'll put these coloring pages up on Etsy. In the meantime, check out my pattern coloring pages that are already there!

No comments:

Post a Comment