Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Rochester, New York

My husband has some family that live in upstate New York, around the Rochester/Brockport area. (Which is how I got involved doing some logo work for companies and organizations up there.) We had the pleasure of visiting the area a few years ago, in August, to celebrate his cousin's wedding. The wedding itself was at a beautiful state park on the lake. There was also a brunch the next morning at a gorgeous nearby garden - so of course I took lots of photos of the plants for my source image stock. :)

Here are some of my favorite flowers from that Rochester, NY garden:













I have already used a few of these as source photos for watercolor paintings and colored pencil drawings - and will probably continue to use them unless or until I get some new images of dahlias. Right now, these are the best ones I have!

Here are some of the artwork I've created based on these images. Many of them I have discussed already on this blog in greater length (and another I will show more photos of in tomorrow's post).

-

"When Fear Gets in the Way"
11"x15" Watercolor painting
For sale on Etsy here
More detail images at this blog post




-

"Splattered Dahlias"
11"x15" Watercolor painting with colored pencil
For sale on Etsy here
More detail images at this blog post




-

"Waterlilies"
11"x15" Watercolor painting with colored pencil
For sale on Etsy here
More detail images at this blog post




-

"Radiant Dahlia"
5"x7" Colored pencil drawing on black paper
For sale on Etsy here
More detail images at this blog post



-

"Impatiens in Rochester, New York"
5"x7" Colored pencil drawing on black paper
For sale on Etsy here
(More about this drawing in tomorrow's post.)




-

I'm also using one of these source photos for one of my "in progress" acrylic paintings right now. You can read more about the process of starting these paintings at this blog post.






No comments:

Post a Comment