Tuesday, October 25, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #12

Rose #12 is the last rose in the second row of my massive "30 Days" colored pencil drawing. Now the first two rows are finally complete - meaning I'm two-fifths of the way done with the entire drawing.

This rose doesn't have water droplets, so it went a little faster. I started by highlighting the edges of the petals in a light purple, then quickly added in some very light peach (almost white) and then a darker peach.






Once this base was down, I started going through with multiple colors at once, blending them together. I focused on making the petals on the left side of the rose a little lighter, and the petals on the right side darker/more purple.







Below is the finished rose, with the entire drawing so far.




Then I added in the green backgrounds for the last three roses. I chose to make the leaves around rose #10 a light yellow-green because there were other light green leaves on rose #7 (the first rose in the second row) and rose #6 (the last rose in the first row), and I thought light roses would look good on rose #10 compositionally. Also, that rose is light colored, so I thought it would look nice with light colored leaves.

Roses #11 & #12 have a more seafoam green color in the background, which matches what was around rose #9 (the purplish rose to the left of the water-covered rose #10).




I added in some blues, medium greens, and that seafoam green color into the background behind the leaves of all three roses #10-12.


Now the first two rows are officially complete. On to row #3!


No comments:

Post a Comment