Saturday, October 8, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #6

Rose #6 is the last rose in the top row of this 30-rose colored pencil drawing on black paper. I started it a little differently than the last several. Because I wanted it to be a little more brownish, especially around the edges, I started with yellow rather than a pink or red shade.

I used this goldenrod yellow pencil to start coloring in the rose:





Then I added in some light brown:




And some light peach:





Once those neutral colors were down for the first layer, I began to add some pink and red shades to the drawing:





Then I began to work on the background. Because I didn't finish the background for rose #5 either, I worked on both of those at the same time. I started with some lighter yellow-green leaves, to go with the slightly lighter/browner rose #6:




Then I added in other leaves with darker and medium greens, preserving some black of the paper to get details on the leaves:






Now that the top row is all finished, I will soon start on row #2 - roses #7-#12!

No comments:

Post a Comment