Thursday, October 6, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #4

The fourth rose in my 30-rose drawing features lots of water droplets. I marked these first with a light colored pencil. Then, I also added red along the edges of the petals, to start filling in the color.





I lined the very edges of the petals in lighter colors (the same light color I used for the water droplets, and a light peach) to "blend" the droplets into the petals a bit more, and to highlight the lightest parts of the petals.




Then I started really building up layers of color, with different shades of reds and pinks.






Finally, I added in green to the background, drawing grass and leaves. You can also see in this picture where I started to work a bit on the "background" for the fifth rose - which has a few smaller rosebuds in the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment