Sunday, October 16, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #7

Last week I posted photos of the first row of roses in my "30 Days" colored pencil drawing. I'm planning on five rows of six roses each, for a total of 30 roses (each rose representing one day).

Today I have step-by-step pictures of rose #7 - the first rose in the second row. But first, I drew all six of the roses in the second row, so that I could plan out where they would go:






Then I started in with colored pencil. I focused first on the lightest parts of the rose, using a light lavender shade of Prismacolor pencil.





Then I started building up some color. This rose is going to have a lot of bluish-purplish tones, but the edges are going to fade into a browner, yellower hue, to indicate that the rose is dryer and more brittle on the ends.





I used blue for the inside shadows, which I planned to later blend in with purples/pinks to make it a more "realistic" rose color.





Then I started really adding in the "realistic" colors - the lavenders and pinks that would dominate the rose.






To end, I added more light lavender/cream highlights on top, to add contrast and dimension to the rose petals.




Check back tomorrow for pictures of rose #8!

No comments:

Post a Comment