Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Art Year In Review

I got a lot accomplished this year with regards to my artwork!


  • My watercolor "Silk Caution" (part of my 2010 thesis painting series) was featured in the Scarab Club exhibition "Blooms Beasts Bugs" in Detroit, MI in May.

  • In June, I was invited to be a part of the Paint Creek Center for the Arts Spring Gallery Stroll. I displayed several watercolors, acrylic paintings, and colored pencil drawings in a "pop-up" one-night-only personal gallery in Smith Jewelers in downtown Rochester, MI - and even sold two drawings.

  • My artwork was available for sale in the PCCA Art Market all year - including August, when I was given my own "featured artist" table.
  • I scanned in many of my original paintings and drawings and created art print blank notecard sets, which have been selling moderately well at PCCA and through my Etsy store.



  • I collected a lot of photographs to use for future art compositions - including photos of the colorful autumn leaves, a ton of pics from the Michigan Orchid Show in April, and many images of flowers and plants growing in my own backyard, the yards of my relatives, and public spaces like downtown Rochester and my local library.


  • I gained new followers on Instagram and Twitter - and did my best to post an image of recent artwork on Instagram at least a few times a week to reach new people on social media.
  • And I completed a LOT of cool art projects. Here are some of my favorites:










You can find many of these for sale at my Etsy shop: etsy.com/shop/ArtworkbyAndreaArbit

I hope you continue to follow me on this blog as well as my Twitter and Instagram accounts as I keep creating into 2017! Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment