Sunday, December 4, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #22

For rose #22, I started with a blue colored pencil.




I added a dark purple to the shadows, to tone down the blue, and then went over the whole rose (or most of it) with a medium peach pencil.






Then I started to go back and add details. I added more purple (this time a lighter purple pencil) over much of the medium peach, blending this purple into the darker purple.





I also added more yellows/browns/dark reds into the shadows, to make the flower less "extreme" purple. The yellows/browns are where the rose is starting to dry and brown.




For the final step, I used a light peach pencil to play up the sharpest highlights.





Only 8 more roses to go - two left to complete row #4, and then the final six for row #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment